Seven with severe burns
Fatal house fire claims three lives in Duhok
DUHOK, January 27 — A tragic incident in Semel District’s village of Hajnse saw three members of the same family lose their lives to a gas stove fire. The fire inflicted severe burns on seven other family members.
One of the injured remains in critical condition and is currently under intensive care at Duhok’s Burn & Plastic Surgery Hospital.
Bewar Abdulaziz, spokesperson for Duhok Civil Defense, reported that there have been no additional fire incidents in the Semel district over the past two days.
The fire was caused by a gas stove in the house’s hall.
The family members, who were asleep at the time, were unable to escape the fumes, resulting in severe burns for four of them.