Trucks and gravel piles at the site in Peshkhabour where a worker was killed after being buried under gravel, Sept. 16, 2025.
'Mistake'
Worker killed after being buried under gravel at site in Duhok’s Peshkhabour
DUHOK — A worker was killed Tuesday after being buried under gravel at a stone and sand site in the Peshkhabour area, police said.
Police identified the victim only by his initials, H.A.M., a 55-year-old from Semel district in Duhok governorate.
Ahmed Ramazan, spokesperson for Zakho police, told 964media the man had been hired to break up and move gravel at the site. “After the shovel struck the gravel, the driver disappeared. Hours later, workers cleared the pile and discovered the victim had been buried under it. It appears the incident happened by mistake,” he said.
Ramazan said a case was filed under Article 411 of the Iraqi Penal Code, and the shovel driver was arrested. The investigation is ongoing.
The victim’s body was taken to the Zakho forensic medical department.