Indomie-brand noodles at center of the case

Police investigate toddler’s death amid suspicions of food poisoning

KIRKUK, December 27 — A two-year-old child in Kirkuk’s Daquq district has died amid suspicions that he ate a tainted pack of Indomie-brand instant noodles.

Farman Nashat, Director of Daquq Hospital, reported to 964 that the child was brought to the hospital by relatives. He was first listed in critical condition, attributed to suspected poisoning from noodles consumed the previous day.

Security forces in Kirkuk have launched an investigation into the shopkeeper who sold the noodles, aiming to uncover the circumstances surrounding the incident.